Effective Date: October 22, 2019
We, Tipi hub, UAB a private limited company registered in the Republic of Lithuania under registration number 304498028 (hereinafter referred also as „VIETA“, „us“, „we“), registered address Malunu str. 6C-6, LT-01200 Vilnius, the Republic of Lithuania, are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information when using VIETA communications app (referred to as the “Service”) as provided via https://vieta.app
1. What information we collect
Information you provide us
When registering a user account and/or using our Service we will collect certain personal information that you will provide directly to us. The information you provide us may include:
- Contact information: for example your name, email address and telephone number;
- User account data: your username and password to access the Service;
- Profile picture: if preferred, you may upload your profile picture to your VIETA account;
- Your user content: your messages, images, videos and other files posted to the Service;
- Your contact list information: you may allow us to access and import your contact lists from Google or Microsoft or other sources;
- Information provided in the course of your communication with us: this includes any information that you choose to send to us in the course of using the Service, for example, by contacting our customer support.
Information we collect from other sources
If you register VIETA account with your Google, Facebook, Apple ID or other third party account, we may obtain your contact and profile information, such as your name, email address, profile picture and telephone number, from the pertinent service provider in order to register your VIETA user account.
If you allow, we may access and import your contacts from your phonebook or from your Google or Microsoft account and store the copy of them in the Service so you can access it for creating conversations and add new members to existing conversations. Information we collect automatically
When you use the Service, we automatically collect the following information:
- Device information: we collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Service, including device identifiers, mobile network information, type of operating system, and the type of browser used,
- Log information: we also log information about your use of the Service, including access times, pages viewed, IP address, other standard web log data, and the page visited before and after navigating to our websites,
2. How we use your personal information
The following personal information is collected and processed for fulfilment of our Terms
, i.e. in order to provide you the Service:
- Your user account data, contact information and other data which you provide to us or which we collect automatically in the course of your usage of the Service is used to provide you the Service, including managing your user account, providing customer support, sending updates, etc;
- Your email address is used to send you notifications about your account, including new message reminders, password reminders etc;
- Your full name and user name may be indexed and inserted into VIETA user search database allowing other VIETA users to find and contact you;
- Device and log information is used to measure and improve the Service;
- VIETA will process your user content posted to the Service or imported from other sources, including any messages, images, videos or other files, only for the purpose of providing the Service, e.g. making the content available to the correct recipients.
The following personal information is collected and processed based on your consent:
- Should you so indicate separately, we will use your name and email address to deliver you marketing and promotional offers on behalf of VIETA;
- Should you choose to upload a profile picture, your image will be made available to the other users of the Service;
- We may also use the information about you for other purposes for which the information was collected, provided that such purpose was disclosed to you at the time of collection or you provided a separate consent for processing your data for such purpose.
In addition to the above, we may process your personal data to prevent or act upon potentially prohibited or illegal activities carried out via the Service or in order to comply with obligations arising from the applicable law.
3. User content
The Service enables you to share information with other persons with whom you engage in a conversation. Please be aware that when you voluntarily disclose your personal information via the Service, your personal information may be collected, used or disclosed by the recipients of the information. Among else, the information you provided may be used to cause direct or indirect damages or harm, for example in the form of identity theft, credit card scam, etc. Please continuously assess the risks you may face when providing sensitive information to third parties via the Service. You may delete your copy of the messages and files at any time via the Service. Additionally, upon deletion of your account, your access to the content in the Service will terminate. Should you wish to retain the content, please contact [email protected]
to request the export of your conversation history and files prior to deleting your VIETA account. Please note that your communication with other users via the Service shall remain accessible to them as long as they choose not to delete their user account or the specific content. The messages and files in a conversation will be deleted from the Service within 14 days after all recipients have deleted them or deleted their VIETA user account.
4. Your rights and data retention
You may at any time request to see, correct and update the personal information collected about you in the course of using the Service by contacting our Customer Support at [email protected]
You may withdraw your consent for further processing of your personal data by deleting your user account by sending a pertinent request to [email protected]
You may, at any time, request to receive the personal information you have provided to us in the course of using the Service in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit the data to another service provider by exporting your conversation history from your account settings. We will retain your personal information only as long as you have a user account with VIETA. Certain data may be kept beyond the end of your relationship with us, but only to the extent as is reasonably necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to or act upon any legal issues that may arise after the end of your relationship with us or for as long as required by law. When your personal information is no longer required, we will destroy, delete or convert it into an anonymous form, or if deletion is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. Disclosure of your information
Like most online services, the Service is using cookies. Cookies are small text files placed on the browser or hard drive of your computer, mobile, or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used when providing online services and help to make websites work or work more efficiently as well as to provide information to the website owners. Cookies do lots of different things, for example, remembering user preferences, letting users navigate between pages efficiently and generally improving the user experience. Cookies are not used to personally identify you in any way, nor will they damage your system or files. We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies in the Service. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the Service and prevent fraud and increase Service security. We will use persistent cookies to: enable our Service to recognise you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our Service We use Google Analytics, Google login and Facebook login services to analyse the use of the Service. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about Service use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our Service is used to create reports about the use of the Service. The information generated is stored by Google.
7. Protection of personal information
8. Third party websites and services
9. Direct marketing
We may send you VIETA newsletters and emails for marketing purposes only if you explicitly consent to such processing by subscribing to the VIETA mailing list. In case you wish to stop receiving emails for marketing purposes, please click unsubscribe button, which can be found at the end of such e-mails or change your preference in your account settings. If you subscribe to VIETA mailing list for receiving VIETA newsletter and marketing proposals, you acknowledge that VIETA uses services of Mailchimp (a trade name operated by Rocket Science Group based in the US ) and Sendgrid (a subsidiary of Twilio, based in the US) for managing the email flow, as a result of which your email address may be stored in servers located in the US and EU.
10. Infringement of privacy
If you have any questions related to this policy or in case of any suspected infringement of your privacy, please contact us at [email protected]
The supervisory authority regards to our data processing activities is the Lithuanian State Data Protection Inspectorate (https://vdai.lrv.lt
) which can be contacted by email at [email protected]
11. Our details
The full name of our company is Tipi hub, UAB
Our registered address is Malunu str. 6C-6, LT-01200 Vilnius, the Republic of Lithuania
You can contact us by email to [email protected]