Our organization - Vilniaus Mykolo Biržiškos gymnasium's student council - focuses on being all student's representative voice to the administration, cooperating with them to help our community flourish. Our work includes, but is not limited to: holding events at our school, (both the traditional ones we have, and new, unique ones we constantly come up with), collaborating with other schools for projects of various purposes, initiating lectures with representatives of different fields, ordering recycling bins and promoting ecology, putting up surveys to hear out student's opinions and continue improving (and we have no intentions of stopping anytime soon!)
Contribution to community/society
The work of our organization is key to strengthening and maintaining close-knit relationships between the administration and students, among the students themselves, and between gymnasiums like ours. We also contribute by encouraging active citizenship (an example of that being a successful conference dedicated to it), the importance of voicing opinions and cherishing democratic values (voting for the school's president or surveys asking for feedback we constantly put out for our community are prime examples of that).
What would you spend your prize on?
Our prize would be spent covering all expenses (dissemination of information, mounting, stationary & other materials, collaborators, prizes and gifts) of the following projects:
1. Cycle of lectures "Verslas jaunimui", centered around educating students about entrepreneurship, directly from representatives of the field, intended to provide more useful information to all students that are interested.
2. Conference "Nusišypsok, nes tu to vertas!", focused on mental health and self-discovery of teenagers, with the goal of emotional education, motivating youth, providing answers to any issues of concern by specialists that are going to speak in this event.
3. Playwriting workshops, that happen occasionally and bring parts of the community together to connect, share original ideas and develop their theatrical skills.
4. A project in collaboration with Vilniaus Vytauto Didžiojo and Vilniaus Užupio gymnasiums "Bendruomenė - tai aš", in which there will be lectures, discussions between the student bodies, workshops and mutual activities in order to promote further cooperation, emphasize the importance of student-teacher relationships and community inside of a school, and successfully organizing community days in each school later on.
5. A Conference with Vilniaus Žirmūnų and Vilniaus Jėzuitų gymnasiums about the importance of ecology in today's world, with the intention to spread more awareness and encourage more youth to take action by lectures and other forms of education in this field.
6. Community day - the finale of the mutual project, meant to deepen the relationships inside of our school's community by providing areas to perform and share creative work with everyone else, meet new people and partake in various activities and competitions with them.